how to loop through all the columns in a table faster
I want to search for a string in the names of the columns present in a database. I’m working on a maintenance project and some of the databases I deal with have more than 150 tables, so I'm looking for a quick way to do this.... A simple query to look up all tables and associated columns with a particular (or similar) column name in them. Working with Redshift, BigQuery, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres, IBM DB2, Oracle? Easily connect your databases and create powerful visualizations and interactive dashboards in minutes.
Oracle Search a value in all columns of a table
Now you have that info all you need to do is to loop through all your tables in the database and to achieve that is to just query sys.Tables and sys.Columns to find out all you tables. This part then lists all columns on all tables in your SQL database... -- Search all text & xml columns of all tables for keyword - information_schema columns -- Searching for text / data in SQL database without full-text search -- Search all columns of all tables in a database for a keyword - list all table columns
How to Search a Column Name Within All Tables of a
To list all indexes for all user tables in a database, you can use this code (in this example we use AdventureWorks sample database): The results show the database name, schema name, table name, index name and index type (CLUSTERED, NONCLUSTERED, XML, SPATIAL...) for all user-defined tables …... I have a massive task to go through hundreds of SQL scripts and identify the Table and Columns in each query as we are updating our system and some of the columns and tables may be renamed or disappear completely.
sql How can I search all columns in a table? - Stack
In SQL Server we can find the maximum or minimum value from different columns of the same data type using different methods. Performance and compact code are essential. As we can see the first solution in our article is the best in performance and it also has relatively compact code. Please consider these evaluations and comparisons are estimates, the performance you will see depends on table... samehzagloul I ran the query against AdventureWorks and the join to data type included column names as a type Here is a sample of the output TableName ColumnName Name Length Address AddressID
T-sql How To Search All Fields In A Table
sql server Find tables where all columns in all rows are
- T-SQL How to get list of all tables in MS SQL Server?
- Search all string columns in all SQL Server databases
- How to Count columns in a table? social.msdn.microsoft.com
- sql server How to search all text fields in a DB for
T-sql How To Search All Fields In A Table
I want to search for a string in the names of the columns present in a database. I’m working on a maintenance project and some of the databases I deal with have more than 150 tables, so I'm looking for a quick way to do this.
- I need a query to search for a particular date 2017-04-01 in every table in my database. My database has many tables and I don't know in which table this value 2017-04-01 exists. Please suggest a query which will help me to find the given date value in all the tables present in the database.
- In SQL Server we can find the maximum or minimum value from different columns of the same data type using different methods. Performance and compact code are essential. As we can see the first solution in our article is the best in performance and it also has relatively compact code. Please consider these evaluations and comparisons are estimates, the performance you will see depends on table
- The Query. Here is the code to query all table columns in a database for particular text. To run this, simply copy and paste it into your SQL Server Management Studio and adjust the search text to what you would like to fin. In the below example I have highlighted …
- An index is an on-disk structure associated with a table or view that speeds retrieval of rows from the table or view. An index contains keys built from one or more columns in the table or view.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Gateshead ACT, Higgins ACT, Wallaroo ACT, Gilmore ACT, Murrumbateman ACT, ACT Australia 2663
- New South Wales: Mollyan NSW, Wingello NSW, Harefield NSW, Murrami NSW, Tomago NSW, NSW Australia 2083
- Northern Territory: Aputula NT, Humpty Doo NT, Nyirripi NT, Canberra NT, Groote Eylandt NT, Tivendale NT, NT Australia 0821
- Queensland: Swanfels QLD, Aldershot QLD, Netherdale QLD, Buxton QLD, QLD Australia 4024
- South Australia: Kapunda SA, Reynella East SA, Kensington Park SA, Sutherlands SA, Menzies SA, Clayton Bay SA, SA Australia 5063
- Tasmania: Osmaston TAS, Crotty TAS, Tonganah TAS, TAS Australia 7049
- Victoria: Nungurner VIC, Taggerty VIC, Dimboola VIC, Christmas Hills VIC, Annuello VIC, VIC Australia 3002
- Western Australia: Paradise WA, Mt Hawthorn WA, Kiara WA, WA Australia 6021
- British Columbia: Revelstoke BC, Harrison Hot Springs BC, Langford BC, Pitt Meadows BC, Kaslo BC, BC Canada, V8W 6W6
- Yukon: Britannia Creek YT, McCabe Creek YT, Watson Lake YT, Jensen Creek YT, Teslin YT, YT Canada, Y1A 5C2
- Alberta: Magrath AB, Pincher Creek AB, Arrowwood AB, Swan Hills AB, Smoky Lake AB, Rosemary AB, AB Canada, T5K 8J4
- Northwest Territories: Ulukhaktok NT, Hay River NT, Norman Wells NT, Behchoko? NT, NT Canada, X1A 8L4
- Saskatchewan: Bracken SK, Strasbourg SK, Love SK, Wilkie SK, Saskatoon SK, Macklin SK, SK Canada, S4P 7C5
- Manitoba: Winkler MB, Beausejour MB, St. Claude MB, MB Canada, R3B 2P2
- Quebec: Delson QC, Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures QC, Metabetchouanâ€“Lac-a-la-Croix QC, Saint-Felicien QC, Lac-Saint-Joseph QC, QC Canada, H2Y 8W6
- New Brunswick: Bathurst NB, Port Elgin NB, Cocagne NB, NB Canada, E3B 8H9
- Nova Scotia: Lunenburg NS, Annapolis NS, Parrsboro NS, NS Canada, B3J 4S7
- Prince Edward Island: Stratford PE, Tyne Valley PE, Bedeque and Area PE, PE Canada, C1A 9N1
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Fortune NL, Aquaforte NL, Kippens NL, St. Bride's NL, NL Canada, A1B 5J8
- Ontario: Shady Nook ON, Alport ON, Knight's Corners ON, Freeman Corners, Markstay-Warren ON, Billings ON, Maidstone ON, ON Canada, M7A 9L9
- Nunavut: Gjoa Haven NU, Tavane (Tavani) NU, NU Canada, X0A 9H4
- England: Stockport ENG, Ipswich ENG, Sunderland ENG, Stourbridge ENG, Brentwood ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 2A9
- Northern Ireland: Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, Belfast NIR, Bangor NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 4H9
- Scotland: Paisley SCO, Glasgow SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, Edinburgh SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 8B9
- Wales: Cardiff WAL, Neath WAL, Wrexham WAL, Cardiff WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 7D9